The performance of any air conditioner will largely depend on its installation. It is for this purpose you will need to hire a professional service. However, there is a lot of difference between residential and commercial air conditioning installation. If you are unaware of this fact then this article will enlighten you about it. It is important to know it as well as the factors to consider while installing an air conditioner so that you get the optimal performance.
Features of Commercial Air Conditioning Unit’s Installation:
Because of the following features professional need, a special level of technical skills for commercial air conditioning installation to ensure right the level of BTUs, little draining of power or short-cycling.
• Higher Maintenance: Commercial air conditioning units require special attention installation, repairs, as well as maintenance.
• More Power: The major difference between residential and commercial cooling lies in the amount of power required for the best cooling effects.
• More Space: Moreover, businesses take up a lot more space than homes and therefore the size of commercial air conditioners are larger than the ones you will see in homes.
• More Cooling: There is much more traffic in a commercial place which generates higher rates thus, the air conditioning system needs to overcome this additional heat inside the premises.
Different Factors to Consider
There are lots of aspects that a professional need to consider during commercial air conditioning installation.
• Size of the Unit: The size of the air conditioning system must be large enough to cool a large place. However, it must be kept in mind that the unit does not cycle on and off several times throughout the day. This will not only affect the durability of the unit and its performance but will also result in energy wastage.
• Efficient Unit: You must get an efficient unit in the first place. For this you will need to consider the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER ratings. Higher the SEER rating better will be the performance of the air conditioning unit. This will cost you less in monthly bills as well thereby offsetting the initial high cost of the unit as well as the cost of installation.
• Heat Pump: If you want to upgrade the performance you may also consider the additional bells and whistles such as a heat pump that will combine the work of a heater and an air conditioner. This is even better than any traditional air conditioning unit.
• Zone Control System: Commercial space being large and have different types of activities performed it ducts. You may even add a mini ductless split system for that matter. These small changes are worth considering as these are easier during the commercial air conditioning installation stage.
• Ductwork: You must also consider the duct-work in your space and that too before you bring in the air conditioner for installation. Make sure that the joints and duct seams are properly sealed. This is where you will need to choose a commercial air conditioning installation service so that they can review the existing duct-work, repair the leaks and advise on what needs to be done.
• Placement: It is also very important to find a suitable shady area to place the condenser to prevent it from being overheated. This will increase the cooling effect, reduce workload on the unit and eliminate chances of costly damages.
• Airflow: It is also required to make sure that the airflow is not blocked. A proper airflow will ensure maximum efficiency whenever the unit is in use.
Therefore, it is only by your research you will make a wise investment in your cooling unit and ensure proper commercial air conditioning installation as well.