XCV panel stands for “extremely Conductive and Versatile” panel. It is made based on the latest technology in the USA. There are so many natural resources that are diminishing day by day. The most natural resource used since long back is coal to generate electricity. But nowadays, there is a huge demand for electricity. We can generate electricity by utilizing different natural resources like coal, water, wind, a different radioactive element, or gas from cow dug. These are not sufficient resources to meet our present-day demands. Besides, all natural resources will be insufficient in the future to run the nation.
In this scenario, one such technological development is required that can meet our present-day demands for electricity. In other words, we have to discover such technology that can support our modern development without expending any more natural resources.
The first revolutionary step in our modern development field is XCV panel. This panel was first developed in the USA and is used widely nowadays. It can be treated as the primary source of electricity without expending any natural resources.
Basically, this panel is the main source of energy. It consumes sunlight and converts it into electricity. Hence we can run all our daily use devices that are running with electricity.
What is the XCV panel?
As discussed earlier, XCV means “extremely Conductive and Versatile”. It is one kind of solar panel, but it incorporates some ultramodern features to run the panel most conveniently and efficiently. This panel is made up of photoelectric cells and highly conductive materials that are capable of capturing the light energy from the sun efficiently. Then the light energy is converted into electrical energy and charged to the battery to store electricity. The photoelectric cells are connected in series to form a unit panel. Then all small panels are connected to form the entire XCV panel. All the electrical devices can be run through this panel directly or after sunset or cloudy weather, the battery will supply the required load.
Basic Technical Concept of XCV panel:
The sunlight falls on the clean surface of the plates that are installed on the roof of the building or any other open area. Then the light energy is converted to electric power through the panel. There are some logical electronic circuits of modern technology. It has a closed loop control system which in turn controls the flow of electric current and voltage and all other parameters. Also, there is a maintenance-free battery connected to the panel as per the load requirement. It will supply the required load through the UPS system to the load terminal after sunset or any cloudy weather. All appliances or loads are connected through the Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) and/ or rewireable fuses depending on the load connected. The panel input and output are connected through the circuit breakers or fuses. The output power is alternating in nature, although the battery is charged through the converter and control circuit to supply the direct current.
The plates in a row are connected in series for the required voltage and all rows are connected in parallel to increase the load capacity or power.
- In the case of DC power,
- The output power = DC voltage x DC current x efficiency
- In the case of single-phase AC power,
- The output power = AC voltage x AC current x Power factor x efficiency
- For three-phase AC power,
- The output power = 1.732 x Line Voltage x Line current x power factor x efficiency.
- It should be kept in mind that,
- The Phase voltage means the voltage between a line and the neutral.
- The Line voltage means the voltage between any two lines.
Benefits of XCV panel:
There are so many advantages as compared to any other solar panels-
- The efficiency of XCV panels is much more than traditional solar panels.
- It can convert the light energy absorbed from the sun in a more convenient way than solar panels.
- It is more light in weight as compared with traditional solar panels.
- More accurately we can say that its warranty life is more than 25 years.
- It can be installed easily and conveniently.
- It can be transported on vehicles easily due to its shape and size.
- It can be used commercially.
- Maintenance cost is very low.
- Its delicate look and nice design make it more attractive.
Drawbacks of XCV panels:
- It does not work or function properly after sunset or any cloudy weather. It is dependent on sunlight.
- Its initial cost is high and may not be affordable for all people.
- It requires an open space to attract the sunlight in the daytime.
- Frequent cleaning is required to clear the dust particles precipitated on the panel.
- This panel is fragile type as it is made of glass. It can be damaged easily by a strong storm or any other natural calamity.
Applications of XCV panels:
Most countries in the world have started to use this panel for its efficiency, and delicate design. There are many fields of application for this panel–
Used for home appliances:
There are many appliances in our home which run on electricity. These can be connected through XCV panel to save the energy cost from conventional electric power.
Use for commercial purposes:
XCV panel can be installed on the roof of the commercial building to supply electricity to all the residents of the building. They can run their all appliances with minimum cost.
Use for industry purposes:
XCV panel can be considered as the long-term energy source. The satellite and space stations have started to use this panel to power it.
Use in vehicles:
Due to lightweight and more affordable, XCV panel are used in electric cars. The required power in the car is supplied by the panel and at the same time recharges the battery to store the energy to use when needed.
Different types of XCV panels:
- The most efficient type of XCV panel is that it has only one silicon crystal. It is called a monocrystalline panel.
- The second one contains more silicon crystals and is less effective than the first one. It is also called a Polycrystalline panel.
- The third one is the cheapest and least effective. It is made of a very thin layer of semiconductors.
How to install the XCV panel:
A drill machine, a screwdriver, and a wrench are required to install the panel. First of all, dig the holes by drilling on the place where the panel is to be installed. Then fix the XCV panel to the desired palace with the help of a screwdriver and wrench.
Advice to install the XCV panel:
We have to call the expert or professional personnel to install the panel. We can face many problems while installing the panel. However, those skilled installers may install the panel at the right place and as per the manufacturer’s guidelines. Otherwise, the warranty may be void.
The development and research centres for XCV panel:
Some panel-developing companies are continuously trying to develop modern technology to improve the performance of the XCV panels. The names of such companies are mentioned below-
- The university of oxford, USA
- The United States National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- The University of Tokyo, Japan
- The Scientific Academy, China
- Fraunhofer Institute For Solar Energy Systems, Germany
Modern technology-based description of the XCV panel:
The basic concept of XCV panel is built on the latest power electronics and control technologies. Each module includes high-performance photovoltaic cells, a durable frame made of aluminum alloy, and an energy conversion system based on the latest power electronics and control technologies. Each module works synergically to improve efficiency, durability, and overall performance by converting the light energy into electric energy.
The modules are connected in series to meet the voltage requirement and all the strings of modules are connected in parallel to meet the load requirement.
The combined modules generate the DC power. Then it is connected to the inverter(DC to AC converter) as per the load requirement. The output power of the inverter is controlled by the control circuit based on the modern technology. A battery bank is connected to the system monitoring by the modern control circuit. The input and output power of the XCV panel is connected to the home appliances or commercial loads through fuses and MCBs(Miniature circuit breakers).
The battery bank will be connected to the required load through XCV panel after sunset or at the time of traditional power failure. In case of bad climatic conditions, the battery bank may be connected to the required load.
The basic P-N junction concept with solar energy is illustrated in the following diagram.
The most modern type of solar panel is XCV panel. It has so many advantages over the traditional solar panel system. It is more sophisticated and ultramodern technology-oriented. So much information regarding this panel including technical concept have been discussed. Hope, this article will be more beneficial for those who have purchased and intend to purchase to save the traditional electric costs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What is the best type of XCV panel?
Mono or single crystalline panel is the most effective XCV panel.
When we can select a polycrystalline panel?
Mono crystalline panel is more effective, but it is more costly. If we have a price issue, then a polycrystalline panel will be the best choice.
What should we do if home appliances are not run by XCV panel?
We have to check the circuit breaker and the fuse. The circuit breaker may be tripped or the fuse may be blown. Replace the same if required after checking all connections of appliances.