7 Tips to Choose the Perfect Cheap Kitchen Worktops
A decent worktop can transform the entire ambience of your kitchen. The right worktop can enhance the appearance of even an affordable hearth while a poor-quality worktop can destroy the look and feel of even the most luxurious and expensively-fitted kitchen.
Over 25 percent of the visual area of the kitchen is influenced by the splash backs and kitchen worktops. That is why it is vital that you get the right color and material for your kitchen.
It is absolutely worth the time and investment at the time of the choosing the right worktop for your kitchen in order to ensure that you remain satisfied and happy with the worktop long after it has been installed and do not think of going through the expense and hassle of reinstalling the worktops after some time.
The first thing to be done when you are thinking of going for a new worktop is to fix a budget. The next step is to visit a renowned manufacturer of cheap worktops who will guide you with choosing the perfect material that will suit your lifestyle and will last long in your kitchen. Here are some tips that will help you to determine the ideal worktop for you.
- Fix the Budget – As said earlier, you should fix the budget first and purchase a worktop material that suits the amount that you have decided upon. You can choose from stone, wooden, composite or laminate alternatives based on the availability of the materials. But you should know everything about the material prior to finalizing the material.
- Installation of the Worktop –The installation cost of the worktops is enhancing rapidly these days. That is why it is recommended to go for those materials that can be installed cost-effectively within a short period of time. The heavier materials are a little bit more time-consuming to install and the cost is also high. The composite and the laminate worktops are faster and much more affordable to install.
- Opt for the Right Height – Going for the right height not only offers aesthetics advantages but the practical benefits too. Ergonomically it is important to have the correct height for the different tasks. The standard height is meant for cooking and other tasks. But it is not comfortable for dining by sitting on a chair or a bar stool. The long-term use of the same can lead to health and posture issues. For example, granite worktops are great for baking tasks as it remains cool. You can introduce lighter tones along the height to bring in versatility in the space.
- Choose the Right Color – To complement your desired kitchen palette and kitchen design you can choose from variety of color for your worktops. You can choose a bit of a different color for the worktop for making the preparation area stand out a bit from the rest of the area. The experts can guide you further with this.
- Consider the Depth and Thickness – In the kitchen designer’s palette, the depth and thickness of the worktops play a crucial role. You can create definition by mixing the slimmer surfaces with the chunkier surfaces. This also differentiates between the various work zones.
- Go for a Great Finish –You may go for retaining the natural looks of a kitchen and as a result of that you may think of going for a rugged surface. But it is always advised to go for a smooth-surfaced worktop as they are much easier to clean. The smooth-surfaced worktops facilitate low-maintenance and are hygienic.
- Choose Something that Is Easy-to-Maintain – A surface that is solid and smooth and also offers complete water resistance makes sure that you do not have to put in a great effort for its maintenance in the long run. This enables you to easily clean the surface without even the need of any cleaner in the long run. Just some warm water and a simple cloth are sufficient for cleaning it. The low maintenance worktops make sure that your investment will last longer than the counterparts that require better care.
The above are some of the tips that you should keep in mind in order to choose the most quality yet affordable worktops for kitchens so that your kitchen aesthetics and functionality get enhanced and you also get the true value for your money.