Suffering from a long time pain? Have a mild swelling at your joints? Are these some of the conditions that you are suffering from?
In our hectic lifestyle and dynamic nature of work, we are bound to gain some muscle or joint pain in the process. This eventually leads to our discomfort and restricts our movement.
The constant pain in our body is one the major reasons for the crankiness that our peers complain us of!
A muscle spasm, pain in a specific area, swelling or fever has no specific reason for their growth. You might not be even aware of as to why your knees are painful to bend or why you are experiencing some problem in your back while you are sitting. Our sitting postures, movements like running, walking etc. could be one of the reason for pain. Though, we know that a pill can be miraculous in treating such condition effectively, you may take into account the conventional ice packs that have a long-lasting effect in curing the pain.
Let’s have a brief look about cold therapies
Cold therapy or hilotherapyor cryotherapyas known in medical terms, is basically an amalgam of three activities that is rest, cold compression and elevation that have been in use since times unknown. Cold therapies are known to have wondrous effect on a swelling or muscle sprain acquired during any sports activity or movement. These therapeutic setting is built in conjunction with cold gel pack or reusable ice packs for proper resting of the muscle or bone structure. Various stages of injuries have been treated successfully with the periodic cold pack compressions. This type of treatment has definitely helped in curing as well as recovering the painful condition of the appendage.
There are various types of ice packs that are in trend. Have a look at some of them.
- Reusable cold ice packs: They are of various types that might contain ice or the most commonly used gel that are easily available at any chemist. These are not cold to touch but need to be kept in refrigerator before use. These could be re-frozen when you have the need to use them again. The reusable cold packs at home could be prepared with ice as well if you are in no condition to buy one.
- Home- made Ice packs: People are sometimes in a difficult situation to buy one from a market due to some urgency or are apprehensive about the effect of using cold gel packs.
They can make use of homemade ice packs to heal their pain.
Ice Towel:Very effective in every way and very easy to prepare. Just soak a towel in cold water and squeeze extra water out. Now place the damp towel in a plastic bag and keep it inside the freezer for some time. Then take out the towel and use it on the affected portion.
A Frozen bag of peas: Might seem a little awkward but a frozen pack of peas are also a potent mode of cold compression that can remedy your pain.
Icy Sponge:You may soak a sponge in cold water and then put it in freezer. After keeping it inside for some time, take it out and wrap it inside a bag and apply on your inflammation or pain.
- Instant Ice packs/ Disposable Ice packs: These are the types of packs that contains some chemicals contained within a pouch. The pack is squeezed out and the pouch gets burst and the chemical is released creating an endothermic reaction. The chemical that gets released lowers the temperature of the entire pack. The temperature remains constant for a time depending on the temperature of the surrounding.
Delve into some the fabulous benefits of using cold gel packs.
- Cold packs have amazing effects on sore muscles. The cold packs that are used on the affected area can provide relief with periodic ice compressions. These work in order to reduce pain in the legs, thighs, rotator cuff, back or joints.
- Puffy swollen eyes or any infected area can readily use ice or gel cold packs to reduce the pain or stop internal bleeding within the organ as the blood flow is reduced in that portion.
- Cold ice or gel packs have been successfully used in treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee region. It effectively reduces the swelling and brings movement to the constricted muscles.
- Gout patients have found some relief by using ice cold packs on their swelling.
- Muscle spasms that might occur on a post-injury situation could be remedied with the help of cold packs.
- Varieties of pain in neck or back have been effectively treated with cold therapy.
- Surgical pains can also be lessened with the application of cold gel packs on the stitched or patched up area.
- Leg sprains are very effectively treated with the continuous use of cold gel packs.